Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dinner Possible: Spaghetti alla Carbonara

One of the new F&E product I absolutely adore is the 5-oz. diced pancetta. These pouches are measured out to perfect portion to start your spaghetti sauce, scramble with your eggs, or make pasta carbonara for two. (By the way, you'll find the pancetta in the deli section.)

Spaghetti alla Carbonara

I usually buy many packs and throw them in the freezer so I always have pancetta on hand. It only took minutes to thaw in the microwave or just leave it out on the counter for a bit.

Tonight, the pancetta came out for the carbonara I watched Chef Anne Burrell made on Food Network. Here's my adaptation to serve 2 with what I have on hand. The method is exactly the same.

Salt
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 pack of F&E cubed pancetta
1/2 package of F&E whole wheat spaghetti
4 eggs
1/2 cup F&E shredded parmesan
Freshly ground black pepper
Flat leaf parsley

Spaghetti alla Carbonara

For dessert? F&E Lemon Sorbet, splashed with Limoncello, will freshen you right up after a big bowl of creamy pasta.

1 comment:

G. said...

Um, YUM! I just subscribed to your blog after seeing your comment on my blog. :) I am also going to add you to my blog roll on NouveauSWEET, which is my blog for all things non-beauty-related. xo