Sunday, January 31, 2010

Melts in Your Mouth

So I had had a satisfying dinner and needed dessert. Then I remembered that I hadn't opened up my latest Fresh & Easy box.

I was not disappointed. I have a new Hunk to enjoy on V-Day, some Swiss truffles that positively melt in your mouth and some kid-tested, mother-approved Snickerdoodles.

Onto the cookies. I don't make these but my mom does, so here's her review:
Pros:
- Throughly cooked. Neither over- nor under-done
- Not overly sweet
- Quote "For a store bought cookie these are pretty good. I would buy these."

Cons:
- Not much crinkle on top
- Needs more cinnamon. It should be evenly distributed over the surface of the cookie, not concentrated in the center.

Kid (that would be me) tested - cinnamon and sugar in a cookie. 'Nuf said. Crumbly, sweet, delicious. Now where's my cup of milk?

These would probably taste even better slightly warmed up in the microwave. The snickerdoodles are $2.59/8 count. Also, all natural so I don't have to worry about Josh eating them in the middle of the night.

Verdict: Heavenly

Gourmet Swiss Truffles ($3.99/6.3 oz)
*happy sigh* Chocolate craving for the day satisified. O.K., maybe one more. The wrappers are mint and silver, denoting milk and dark chocolate. I'm a HUGE fan of dark chocolate these days, but the milk variety was just as delicious. Extremely smooth and I only needed one to satisfy my sweet tooth. That in itself is amazing.

Verdict: Nirvana

One Huge Hunk $4.29/14.1 oz
I've had the Belgian Dark Hunk, and I can only eat one section of it at a time. The newest addition to the Hunk family (there's also a regular milk version) is a milk chocolate bar with candied pecans and fruit pieces. I may have to fight my mother for it. She saw "pecan" and her eyes lit up. I'll let you know how it goes.

Verdict: ...coming soon...



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: