Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinner Possible - Lamb Loin Chops

Last night I was at a loss as to what to prepare for dinner.  We had these tasty lamb loin chops from F&E that I was saving for Easter dinner, but two people I cook for don't like mint jelly. What's up with that???? Also my daughter was going to be at her Dad's for Easter, and since lamb is a family tradition I opted to make it early.

I present herb-roasted lamb loin chops.  Sides were F&E brand three cheese risotto and steamed broccoli.



I apologize, I only had my phone on hand when I took the picture.

Herb-Roasted Lamb loin Chops with three-cheese risotto and broccoli

I did something you are supposed to do, but I was multi-tasking and needed to save time. I baked/roasted from frozen. The loins still came out tender enough to cut with a plastic knife.

Ingredients
4-6 large garlic cloves, pressed (or garlic slices if you're like me)
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 1-1/4-inch-thick lamb loin chops

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix spices and 2 tablespoon olive oil in baking dish. Add lamb; turn to coat.
Set a timer for 25 minutes.
Bake for 20-25 minutes as you cook the three-cheese risotto. Follow directions on box.
Steam the broccoli the last 10 minutes of cooking.

Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.

Undoubtedly this tasted wonderful and would taste even better with fresh herbs, but hey, I got dinner on the table in 30 minutes.

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

Yum!

Brandon has now discovered he likes lamb so this is promising. Well, we had the best of them while in New Zealand. Let's see if US lambs will hold up against such high standard. LOL.