Sunday, July 20, 2008

$41

I filled up my little Corolla about once a month. Thank god for the OCTA express bus from the OC to Downtown LA for that. That was about 9.5 gallon for $41 and change.

Then I went to Fresh & Easy. I would've loved to scan the receipt for you but this blog idea occurred after I already threw it in the trash. The salvage is all wet and, well, gross. But here is the list of what I bought.
  • 1 dozen large white eggs
  • Center cut bacon
  • English breakfast tea (100 bags)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese (16 oz)
  • 2% milk (0.5 gallon)
  • F&E cheese crackers
  • Ginger peach tea
  • Decaf tropical green tea
  • Hamburger buns on special for $0.99 (regular $1.98)
  • Southwest veggie platter on daily special for $3.99 (regular $7.98) but I have to eat it TODAY.
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Sliced apples - 5 smaller bags (for Brandon to take to work)
  • Sliced apples big bag (for me to eat watching TV)
  • Garlic powder
  • Grape medley also on sale for $2.61
  • Blueberries
  • Bananas
  • Shallots
  • $2.99 special 1 lb. ground angus (Hamburger Monday!)
  • $5 off coupon
Total: $41.52.

A little scary that what I just put in my tank could feed me for quite sometimes.

And yes, I am going through a little bit of a fruit binge.

No comments: