Friday, July 25, 2008

OMGBBQ - Ground Angus and Moroccan Tea

Another new feature we're going to start here is OMGBBQ section. When I walk into my Long Beach Spring Street F&E and find good sales that I like, I will post it right away so you guys can enjoy the same discount.

$2.99 Lean Ground Angus Beef (97/3). Usually $4.99
$0.99 Organic Moroccan-Style Mint Green Iced Tea. Usually $1.98

I bought the ground Angus the other day and I made 3 1/3-pounder burgers. Sure, the meat for the "perfect burger" is suppose to have more fat in it. But with the adapted Rachael Ray's recipe I used, I added a couple of tablespoon of EVOO to that and it remains very moist.

What's in that burger I made? Minced garlic. Minced shallot (didn't have onion on hand). Good splash of Worcestershire sauce. A dash of hot sauce. A quick squeeze of ketchup. Palm full of grill seasoning. A little more salt and pepper. And a few glugs of EVOO.

As for the Moroccan Mint tea, you betcha I'll be clearing out them shelves when I get home tonight!

No comments: