Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Review & Recipe: Oh Salsa Verde, I love you so!

I'm back! Sorry for the long absence, I was out of town for 3 1/2 weeks in an area without Fresh & Easy. And, you know, I am unemployed and freelancing. My exciting F&E purchases lately have been pretty restricted to my DAILY 6 pack of Diet Coke for $2.25.

Last week though, I bought a bunch of stuff to try and replicate my fav local Mexican place's Pork Barbacoa Burrito. (Cafe Rio FTW people. I swear they put crack in it. I could eat it everyday.) I will post my recipe for this tomorrow, but I had to stop in and say: HOLY MOLY the medium hot Fresh & Easy brand Salsa Verde is so good I want to bathe in it, I kid you not.

I made a quick and easy snack the other day. A basic quesedilla with a twist.

INGREDIENTS
  • F&E brand flour tortilla (I used burrito size)
  • F&E brand shredded Mexican cheese
  • F&E brand Salsa Verde, medium

In a skillet, put cheese on half the burrito. Pour Salsa Verde over the cheese. Fold tortilla and heat until golden.

THE. BEST. QUESEDILLA. EVER. Seriously people, it was tangy and had just the right amount of bite. It was a veritable party in my mouth. It takes the basic quesedilla from bland to a gourmet treat.

Verdict: Fresh & Easy Brand Salsa Verde : Nirvana

No comments: