Sunday, December 4, 2011

F&E Sausage Rigatoni Skillet Meal

Denizens of the Temple!

On my maiden voyage to the brand new La Cienega & 18th street Fresh & Easy Express I picked up a Sausage and Rigatoni Skillet Meal.

Those who know me know the way to my heart is paved with pork products and Italian food. Plus this dish also featured my new obsession - roasted red peppers and the whole thing was in a cheesey marinara sauce.

I'm just going to come right out and say it: MEH.

The Rigatoni noodle is entirely too large for this dish. I felt, at times, like I was eating the penne of a giant. The sauce is very forgettable - a weird velveeta taste and texture to it. The sausage and roasted red peppers were too few.

And the whole bag is 2 servings packing a whopping 510 calories each. So Not Worth It.

Do yourself a favor, if the idea of this meal sounds good to you, pick up some Fresh & Easy whole wheat penne, their spicy arribiata sauce, some red peppers and hot Italian sausage and make it yourself. It will be much tastier and memorable.

Better luck next time!!! - Amy

Verdict: Earthbound

No comments: